Persuasion issues or causes comparedPosted: February 27, 2015
In presentation I expressed an interesting In two topics. One being Keeping Active and the other being Volunteering. Think I need to evaluate both before I come to a decision on which to progress with. Here are some statistics I found using Sports and Recreation Alliance http://www.sportandrecreation.org.uk/sites/sportandrecreation.org.uk/files/web/Sport%20in%20the%20UK%20-%20Facts%20and%20Figures%20Jan%202014.pdf
Keeping Active –
- In the Uk 64% of people are considered obese or overweight.
- 26% of women and 19% of men are inactive.
- 34% of men and 39% of women have a healthy BMI.
- 9.5% of children are obese.
- 36% of adults participate in moderately intense activities once a week.
- Exercising for 15 a day can increase your life by 3 years compared to those who exercise a little or don’t at all.
- Middle aged women that do under 1hours exercise a week are 29% likely to die of cancer compared to women that are physically active of the same age.
- By 2025 its estimated that 47% of men and 36% women are going to be obese.
- Central south Wales only 10% volunteer for sports(2012).
- Only 39% of adults in Wales are hooked on sports(2012).
- Only 39% of adults in Central south Wales are hooked on sports(2012).
- From a sample of 3,000 employers across the UK, it was found that four out of five (80%) employers value volunteering on a CV.
- 80% of employers value volunteering on a cv.
- Employer identify communication to be the most import skill for employment. 66% of volunteers felt the volunteering had improved their communication skills.
- 1 in 5 volunteer for sports or recreation