Proposal LecturePosted: March 6, 2015
Friday 6th March
today was basically just an overview of the proposal, PDP and literature review.
- Who has written what about the subject your basing your dissertation on?
- Library will be a great help. Librarian will assist you on find the right books
- Library Loan Form can – get any book from any library or University
- More you read the better your dissertation will be
- Literature Review helps break your subject down
- Must be academic mediums – Books, Papers, Ted talks
- Proposal – 1,700 words. PDP/Blog 800 words
- Write as much as you can for your lit review
- Write a reflective piece for your blog
- Try to think of a working title or research statement
- Come to tutorials – or you will FAIL
- Try to narrow your focus
- Just write about what you did
- Leave it till last minute
- Not turn up to tutorials
- not visit the library
- fill your PDP/Blog with unexplained picture
After being reminded of the Proposal and Dissertation guidelines we where paired up and told to discuss the subject of interest for our diss. I found that talking about my subject to someone really got idea’s going. Possible angles were realised. Seeing now how broad my Subject Sustainability in Design was, which is a good thing i guess. Already found a load of research on it, just need to focus my idea.
Things I picked up in this discussion
- Could compare companies behaviour from the last 10 years(maybe longer) to now?
- Talk about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs? Self Transcendence being at the top.
- Advertising Strategies with Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs?
- Are companies changing their ways to save the planet or for their appearance?
- We will have to change the way we are or there wont be a world left
- Every designer will have to design with sustainability in mind
These are all potential idea’s. Better get reading