Professional writingPosted: October 1, 2015
Today we where lectured on professional writing. This was to help us when doing our creative brief for the client,
These are the notes I took
- Like design, less is more.
- Think about what the client wants.
- Mission statement, this should be simple and should distill the brief e.g. “To organise the worlds information and make it universally accessible and useful” Google.
- Clarity, Relevance and accuracy are all important when creating a successful brief.
- Grammar and punctuation are essential.
- Hyperbole – False or over-exaggeration language.
- Re-Deplay – re-using something but for a purpose other than its intended use.
- Sustainability – the Life cycle of anything.
- If you can the the right answer, ask another question.
Todays lecture was extremely useful for my as writing isn’t a strongest. In any design profession communicating and conveying an idea across to a client is essential.