ConceptsPosted: October 14, 2015
Following the meeting with Lynsey Jackson last Thursday we now had a clear idea of which concepts where to be taken forward. Unfortunately on Monday I was the only person in our group that was about to make it in, but I did manage to get Chris and Isabela to meet me at my house, where we spent over 2 hours discuss our concepts. We concentrated on the badges, legacy board and flower bag award
As we discussed with Matt and we told Lynsey, our idea of the badges is inspired by the Blue Peter badge. What we mean by this is the Blue Peter badge is a sign of achievement and recognition for doing something outstanding, and this is the kind of thing we want to resonate thought our badges.
We did a brainstorm and these are the things we need to take into consideration
- Type of badge e.g. button, metal, etc..
- Physical and even Digital
- Design – with or without words
- How would we print them
The idea behind the legacy board is that at the awards anyone can leave message on it, possibly writing something about what makes wales better. Every year a new board will be created and added to the legacy of the awards, Everyone will be that participates can see the boards from every awards and the journey of the proceedings.
things we need to take into consideration
- would it be a board or maybe an installation/sculpture
- Would you writing on it? hang something on it?
Award flower bag/box
This is the idea I discussed previously, where the take aways bag/box when taken home and emptied would be filled with seeds and soil, that are supplied possibly in the form of a seed bomb, and it a flower would grow, this would be a token even a award of recognition for participating in the awards. To sum it up – the take away bag/box would grow a plant and become a an awards for your house/work place/school.
Things to consider
- Materials e.g. if its holding water and soil
- Take aways
- how many need to be handed out
We’ve also the got the following ideas to explore in great depth
- The #Hashtag social network campaign
- The photo frame – is part of the social network campaign and will go around during the awards taking photos of people using the frame. when the photos go onto facebook you can tag yourself for your friends can see it.
- Award participate to nominate a company/school/person, possibly creating a new award category.