D&AD Talk and WorkshopPosted: November 23, 2015
today from 14:00 – 16:00 The D&AD came down from London to talk to us about the New Blood briefs and did short workshop with us.
Notes I took
- Does it have a great creative idea?
- Is it well executed
- Is it on the brief
- The idea is kind – “Bake the idea before you ice the cake.”
- “A strong idea will always beat something that looks nice.”
- Be bold
- Treat technology with caution
- Focus on the brief first not the technology you want to use
- Do more than the brief
Then we did a workshop where we looked at one of the current brief, which was their very own D&AD Bravery Brief. First they got us to scan over the brief and highlight the import words and sentences, then they asked us to sum up the project in 16 words. When we did that they asked us to do the same but with 8 words, then 4 and finally with 2. It was a great exercise that made us really think about the important/necessary information when describing the briefs message
- Insight is import as it’s how a recipiant can relate and connect to your solution and outcome
- “all the best ideas had a great insight
- Share your ideas, don’t keep them to yourself, to get peoples views
- Be original
- Don’t go with your first idea, usually others will have thought of it.
They brought a few of the Awards(pencils) to show us