Wednesday is my least favourite day of the week but todays outcome is only a 1 reason why, but we wont go there, not today at least.
I could easily be distract like a large percentage of the population and have a little rant about Donald Trump, sorry, President Donald Trump, but I’m not, I’m going to focus on my own problems.
This post is dedicated to my first professional job since graduating in July. I work at a corporate print factory in Pontyclyn, which is on the outskirt of Cardiff, as a graphic design in-house. Thats doesn’t sound too bad right….false, the company I work for has a contract with Just Eat and produces the menu’s for all the takeaway restaurants in the UK that uses Just Eat. Despite this the job has it’s pros, I’m just not sure they outweigh the cons.
- I’m a graphic designer, of sorts 😂
- I’ve gone straight from university into a job 💪
- It’s not only a graphic design job but being in a print factory I’m learning a lot about that too.
- I’m on 40hw and my probation period ends in two months so more £££.
- I use Adobe photoshops/indesign/illustrator every day.
- The experience looks good on my CV.
- I design take away menu’s…enough said?
- 90% of the time I’m not designing menus but amending old one, so changing items, prices, pictures…so not very creative.
- Some of the time I have to use this program called Quark 😡 which is an alternative to Indesign, a shit alternative.
- I work for a corporate company and I don’t particularly like what they do.
- I get paid my cheque…..yes it matters
- I don’t feel as creative or confident as I did when I left uni
- I’m unhappy and comfortable
It’s fair to say I’m in a pickle! I want to quit because I am unhappy but I feel like I need to grind it out at least until my probation period. I think if I do see it out for a few more month I should get the most out of it, learn everything I can and more, but I feel motivated in any way.
The question is…what would I alternatively do? go back to working in Tesco? as if 8 years wasn’t enough! Go home and move back in with my parents? Would that be giving up? I guess that is what I’m trying to work out!