Two week left

The last 48 hours have been slightly frustrating, well, not so much frustrating, just no good from my project and deadline. I applied for this job Ian recommend for DW Studios, which in all honesty is a shot in the dark because I haven’t done any motion graphics, but I thought I’d apply anyway, you never know. The thing is that I understood they just wanted to meet up and have a conversation with anyone interested in the position, but instead, they asked for my CV and portfolio. Both I had to develop and update, which took some time, especially developing a brand identity for myself. I decided to go with a bold headline type in Avenir Next that I paired with a Museo Sans Rounded for the text body, over a crisp white and vintage colours, green and pink. Of course, It ended up being a long progress because I couldn’t really do my portfolio until I’d done my CV, as they needed to be suited.

My custom design portfolio: http://drewgooddesign.myportfolio.com/

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 09.59.34.png

and my CV: Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 15.47.17.png


Presentation and project conclusion

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 15.46.52

THE BIG IDEA PRESENATION – Andrew R’s Big Idea Pres

Presentation went good, well…by my standards. I was happy with the material I included and the amount of work I produced, especially compared to everyone else in our group. Considering the interference of our dissertation during this project, I was fairly happy with how far I got, just a few thing to tweet and adjust. I would of like to have had physical mock-ups, but I’m still experimenting with how big the book will be, colours, and the content. I think if I put a day aside every week it be done with ease.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 15.58.48

CONCLUSION 

I think this has been my most complete project, as in, I wasn’t hesitant when picking the brief/word, I researched really well and broadly, I attended a good number of constructive tutorials with both Ray and Ian(getting both of their opinion), and I was able to create something that, once finished, will successfully answer the brief. I think that goes to show, despite our dissertation clashing with a large part of this project, that I’ve become a more mature confident designer.

FINAL PROJECT BEGINS!!


Development and Mock-ups

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 20.52.02

To get a better understand of how the design would sit on the bottle I had to create Mock-ups that looked realistic. Previously I was using a mock-up of a wine bottle, due to it being the only thing i could find, and it wasn’t great or did it allow me to put my design on the whole bottle. So I searched hard and I managed to find a great PS mock-up to display my design on.

 

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 12.27.41

following on from Mondays tutorial I focused on creating a selection of monochromatic design. The colours where chosen at random, but I consider colours that would stand out next to each other and like a rainforest I wanted vibrant and tropical tones.

 

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 20.32.05

When I tested the design on the bottle mock-up I tried the overlay pattern with and without shadow. I prefer the use of shadow as it adds depth. I had to play a lot with the bottle mock-up on photoshop to get a clear effect on the bottle, but I am pretty happy with how realistic it looks.

                      With Shadow                               Without Shadow

 

I’m still ironing the creases out of the design, especially the back, and including the necessary info like bottle measurement, ingredients, etc. although I’m still not 100% sure of what they wanted included on the bottle.


Laser printing

Laser printing mock-ups for our after presentation space

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 00.42.32 Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 00.42.18

After creating the outline of our Legacy tree Steve the technician helped us cut them out using thin plywood.